Sunday, February 25, 2007

I'm a Mrs! My Dee-lightful Wedding Recap (part 1)

We came...we saw...we "I do'd"

October 21 was a pretty magical day from start to finish (despite some major snafus). Yep...it went by in a flash. Yep...many things went wrong, but our wedding day was still more dreamy/fantastic/over the top/delicious/fun than I could have ever imagined. Here are the deets:

Our wedding was in Big Horn (a fancy shmancy community in Palm Desert, CA where my aunt, who threw our whole shindig, lives). I want bore you with too many details or vendor reviews because, unfortunately, unless you own a home there...well...you aren't allowed in. Pretty harsh, I know...but true.

I started off the day at the Big Horn Spa, where Jessica made me look positively gaw-gous. A word to the wise: for those brides-to-be out there thinking of going with fake lashes, I say by all means, without a doubt, halleleujah!...do it! I can't tell you what a huge difference this made in my look for the day.

After getting ready, I lounged around a bit in my robe. Isn't my bouquet TDF? Rannuculus, garden roses and some sweet peas...all in pink, of course.

Thank goodness I had my bridesmaid/best friend Cara to help me with my veil. Though I had done a hair trial with it, I had never really put in myself...for some reason this was a bit tricky for us, but we got it done. I purchased my veil at Carolina Herrera (where I also got my pretty pink, pinstriped dress!)


A couple of dress shots for you. I must confess, I'm still so madly in love with my dress, I would have said "I do" to it if I could. Though many out there would disagree with me, I was never a strapless, white ballgown kind of gal and as soon as I saw this dress in a magazine, I knew it was the one for me. The moment I put it on, I felt like I was at some glam, 40's ball at the Stardust Hotel. Best of all, it had pockets! I cannot tell you how much fun it was to have a wedding dress with pockets. Carolina Herrera dresses are definitely a bit more pricey, but if you can swing it, they are a dream to work with. I never had a single problem and my alterations were all as easy as can be.

I bought my Stuart Weitzman shoes on ebay. The platform made them waay more comfortable than standard high-heels, but I still switched into platform flip flops the moment we were done with our first dance (Al Green's "Let's Stay Together").



Here are some pre-wedding photos from the session with our super fantabulous photographer Teness Herman. Teness managed to capture every moment so beautifully--each of her photos are packed with such emotion. Somehow she managed to get photos of all of our friends and family members that speak so much to who they each are. I don't mean to pull out the cheez whiz, but she really did made such a huge difference in our day.

Stay tuned for Part Two of my recap: The Ketubah, The Ceremony and the Par-tay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home