Wednesday, March 14, 2007

My Latest Obsession: Pinkberry


For those of you who have tried it...well, then you know what I'm talking about. For those of you in LA and NY who haven't, get thee to a pinkberry at once!

Pinkberry has written about and pined over endlessly over the past year or so, but for those of you who have missed the buzz, it's a new frozen yogurt place that was started in LA and has now made its way to NYC. I finally had a chance to try pinkberry recently and after one bite, I was hopelessly addicted. Truth be told, I ordered another small yogurt after finishing my first medium yogurt--it was that good.

For any frozen yogurt fans out there, I must warn you that this is not the typical "fro yo" experience. Most frozen yogurt places I've been to seem to attempt to closely mirror the ice cream experience as best they can. Pinkberry is totally different...it actually takes like yogurt. It's a bit tart and not too sweet. They only have two flavors: plain (which is sort of vanilla-ish) and green tea. I don't drink green tea and any "green tea" flavored item I've tried before has sort of made me gag...BUT, the pinkberry green tea is dreamy. You may also choose from a variety of toppings--they have everything from delicious fresh fruit (which ain't so easy to find in NY in the dead of winter) to Captain Crunch.

Best, best, best of all, this yogurt barely registers on the calorie scale! It's only 25 calories an ounce and is totally fat free. For those of you on a pre-wedding diet (or anyone else who just like to keep it real on the healthy tip), this is a fantastic, delicious, healthy treat.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes my friends and I have ventured into the land of pinkberry but we tasted frozen yogurt that was even better in Toronto. These stores called Yogen Fruz offered amazing froyo and they've been swirling for like, a couple of decades.

7:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried Yogen Fruz in Puerto Rico and it's true, it's even tastier than Pinkberry. Hope they come to the states and join the party.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Me, I like the pinkberry frozen yogurt, but I did try Yogen Fruz when we were on the beach in Mexico and yes Yogen Fruz tates nicer than pinkberry.

7:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am searching for a name to my wehshop where i´m going to sell some things for the wedding: favours, stationery, table decorations and more.. I tought bridalicious was a cool name but now i noticed it´s your name on this blog so i can´t choose that.. Any other cool suggestions for my webshop name?

5:35 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Ooh, this sounds ground. Nice tip, it reminds me of the kinds of things I've read at www.bridezilla.com.

8:42 AM  
Blogger * bicoastalite * said...

i love pinkberry, too. i wish there was one closer to where i live, upper east side. let me emphasize the UPPER part. i gotta trek down to korea town to get my fix!

looove your blog btw!

6:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't there on one 81st and second???

10:18 AM  
Blogger Cally said...

love the sound of that (even though i can't eat dairy). i also hate green tea but i can totally imagine how it would be good in that context. lucky you, i live in Scotland and you can barely even get regular frozen yogurt here (have to go to Costco!!!). Oh how i miss LA.

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um yea, I live within walking distance of a PinkBerry and I actually had to force myself to cut back.

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home