Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Gift Idea: City Writes Stationery


In the world of stationery, it seems to be all about personalization right now--calling cards, couple crests for invitations or even custom produced handmade paper. True, I'm a bit biased, but I think stationery is one of the best, universal gifts out there. I'm particularly enamored with a little company here in New York called City Writes.

Kari Jo Cates is the super creative lady behind the City Writes curtain, and, in my opinion, she takes "personalized" to a whole new level. City Writes offers hand calligraphed social stationery, announcements, luggage tags, invites and more. Since each card is done by hand, they are all a teeny, tiny bit different, and yet charmingly adorable and sweet. I think this makes a fantastic gift for your bridesmaids, your new mother-in-law or even as a special vendor thank you (if time allows, I also like to use these as a great hostess thank you gift). Best of all, you can order smaller quantities and the prices are very reasonable (8 cards for $18.50; 25 cards for $52). Kari Jo will also hand calligraph envelopes for your invites or placecards.

You can choose different styles of writing and symbols to further personalize your stationery.

The first time I placed an order with City Writes (for cards which were to be sent to my aunt in California), I was thrilled and surprised when I was sent one personalized card with my own name on it along with a thank you note for my order. Holla for fab customer service and chic stationery!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home