Thursday, January 12, 2006

Who needs a DJ when you have an ipod?

I confess that I'm a bit too paranoid to go this route myself, but I'm loving the new trend of using ipods at weddings instead of bothering with a DJ.

Here's the upside: Ipods don't make cheesy announcements, wear ruffled tuxedos or do the chicken dance with your grandma. Ipods "listen" to your requests, don't make mistakes and allow you to be in total control of the "flow" of the evening. Best of all, if you already have one, ipods are cheap--a term not often associated with ANY element of wedding planning.

My fiance and I have had the eternal band vs. DJ debate (I want a DJ and he wants a band), and I eventually just relented and agreed to go the band route because...well, I'm pretty much getting my way in every other arena. But it seems like many brides and grooms are going the way of the "pod"

For some more "how to" ideas, check out this post from Metafilter.

For some music inspiration, here's a list of the top 100 par-tay songs.

Rock on brides!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home