Sunday, January 08, 2006

BRIDAL PARTY GIFT: Silhoutte Portrait


This gift is so cute and fabulous I had to hold myself back from shouting about it from my rooftop (remember, I live in NYC, so I have a very available and expansive rooftop to shout from).

Artist Karl Johnson creates freehand cutout silhouette portraits (via design*sponge) that are amazingly intricate and accurate.

The silhouettes are created based upon photographs you send in and are cut out entirely by freehand! I'm amazed even as I write this. Each piece is a one-of-a-kind original piece of artwork signed by the artist. Best of all, these beauties are only $20 a pop.

Personally, I think they would make fantabulous bridal party gifts (could even work for the boys!). These would even be fab to get done of you and your soon-to-be hubby.

You can frame the silhouettes yourself or order a cutesie little antique style oval frame from the website for an extra $13/each.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home