Wednesday, February 28, 2007

"Scarf-ed" Em' All Down


I literally spent months agonizing over what to get my bridesmaids as gifts to thank them for taking part in my wedding. I was hell bent on coming up with an original idea, and spent hours online researching every possibility. I wanted to get everyone different gifts, but also wanted some continuity so that no one felt like they got a lame present.

Then I found Lulette.

Lulette makes the most adorable, chic, colorful scarves, and has an option that allows you to "create your own message" on a scarf. You get to choose the main yarn color, the accent yarn color, and even the font that is used. The scarves are $89 bucks a piece and take six weeks to produce. Perfecto!

So, I bought a scarf for each of my girls, choosing color combos and fonts that I thought best expressed who they are. I decided to put a message on each that said "Love [bridesmaid's name]" so mine would read "Love Erica."

During our rehearsal dinner when I gave them all out, I explained that the message on each of the scarves was two-fold: I meant it both as an expression of how I feel toward each of them, as well as a reminder to the world (and themselves!) of how they each should be treated.

Needless to say, they went over like gangbusters. I'm just mad that I didn't order one for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home